Originally from South Africa, Michelle is now living in the Netherlands and working in Haarlem and Amsterdam. With a 20-year career in event and administration management in various industries, Michelle has gained valuable business knowledge and experience.
Shortly after her move to Switzerland in August 2008, she underwent a complete lifestyle change. With a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise, she lost 20kg which sparked her passion for all things nutrition and fitness. In early 2014, Michelle decided to make a career of it and enrolled at the Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM) in the UK, qualifying as a Nutrition Coach in May 2016.
Coaching formed a big part of her nutrition studies and after experiencing, first hand, how effective coaching can help achieve goals, Michelle decided to continue her education in coaching and will obtain her Diploma in Life Coaching at the end of 2017.
Projects and achievements
Michelle currently serves as the official volunteer Nutrition Coach for the English Speaking Cancer Association (ESCA) in Geneva, Switzerland.
As part of the Global Social Observatory (GSO), Michelle worked on a project in consultation with the United Nation's Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement to undertake a transparent process to address the issue of conflict of interest within the context of the SUN Movement.
- Nutrition Coach Diploma (CNELM)
- Dietary Educator Certification and "Why Weight" Practitioner (CNELM)
- Advanced Sports and Exercise Nutrition Diploma (Shaw)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner (UKCPD)
- Hospitality Management Diploma (Damelin)
- Journalism Diploma (Intec)
- Professional member of Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ANLP) - United Kingdom
- Member of Nederlandse Orde van Beroepscoaches (NOBCO) - Netherlands
- Member of European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) - Netherlands
As a member of each of these organisations, Michelle strictly abides by their codes of conduct
" Whether at a distance or in person, Michelle displayed her innate qualities of intelligence, diligence, creativity, precision, patience, generosity and compassion time and again with several of our clients with no hesitation."
Raynelle Arcaini M.A - ESCA Counsellor
“I really found the session informative.
You remembered and used the foods I like and don't like, so it made me feel like you really care."
JJ - Geneva, CH